Some common things we want to know about purchasing rash guards for BJJ:
- Qualities and features to look out for when purchasing a rash guard for BJJ.
- Are there differences (if any) between BJJ rash guards and rash guards made for other activities?
- What are cheaper alternatives to those $50 colorful rash guards with inverted pandas and flying dragons?
But first, why wear a rash guard instead of good old t-shirts or going old school topless (for males)?
- Unlike a normal t-shirt, which will absorb the sweat and feels like a wet towel after the first roll, rash guards are made of materials that will wicks moisture (sweat) away from you.
- The same material also helps block moisture (partner’s sweat) getting on to you.
- Maybe you don’t sweat a lot and don’t mind people’s sweat on you, but still, do it for your partner, it is a bit less crappy to be stuck under an armpit/belly of someone wearing a rash guard than one that doesn’t 😀